A recent hailstorm caused widespread damage to homes and cars in our community. If your home or car was damaged in the storm, you may be wondering what to do next.
Here is a step-by-step guide to filing an insurance claim:
- Contact your insurance company as soon as possible. They will be able to walk you through the claims process and answer any questions you have.
- Take photos and videos of the damage. This will help to document the extent of the damage and support your claim.
- Gather information from neighbors. If other homes or cars in your area were damaged, get their contact information. This can be helpful if your insurance company tries to deny your claim.
- Know your deductible. This is the amount of money you will have to pay out of pocket before your insurance coverage kicks in.
- Ask your insurance company about coverage limits. There may be a limit to the amount of money your insurance company will pay for repairs.
- Get everything in writing. Once you have agreed to a settlement with your insurance company, get it in writing. This will help to protect your rights if there are any problems down the road.
UHCU offers options that can help you recover from hail damage, including:
- Auto loans: If your car was damaged in the storm, we can offer financing for a replacement vehicle.
- Home loans: We can help you finance the cost of repairing your home after a hailstorm.
Learn about the benefits when choosing UHCU:
- Competitive interest rates: UHCU offers competitive interest rates on all loans.
- Flexible terms: We can work with you to find a loan term that fits your budget.
- No prepayment penalties: UHCU does not charge prepayment penalties, so you can pay off your loan early if you are able.
Contact UHCU today at 512.435.4444 to learn more about how we can help you recover from the hail storm. We offer a variety of loans and financial services to help you get back on your feet.