Because we believe that better banking should be available to everyone, we've made becoming a member of UHCU easier than ever.
If you can answer "Yes" to the any of the following requirements, you’re eligible for membership:
- I live, work, attend school or own a business in one of the following counties: Bastrop, Bell, Blanco, Burnet, Caldwell, Hays, Lee, Milam, Travis, Williamson, Cherokee, Gregg, Henderson, Rusk, Smith, Upshur, Van Zandt or Wood.
- Someone in my family is a member of UHCU.
- I am an existing member of or agree to join the Texas Consumer Council (TXCC).
Credit Union FAQs
Do credit unions offer the same services as banks?
Yes! Most credit unions offer a lot of the same services as big banks. For example, United Heritage has Online Banking as well as the UHCU Mobile App so UHCU members can check balances, transfer funds, make loan payments, deposit checks and much more – at home or on the go. Plus, the UHCU website is optimized for mobile devices so you can learn more about our banking or lending services, and even apply for a loan right on your phone. We’re always looking for opportunities to increase our service offerings and provide the latest digital banking technology as well as top of the line banking services for UHCU members. Services offered by UHCU include:
- Auto and Home Loans
- Checking and Savings Accounts
- Online Banking
- UHCU Mobile App
- Mobile Check Deposit
- Touch/Face ID
- Convenient Locations
- And more!
Am I eligible for membership through my employer?
You are if you work at one of these companies:
- American Fire and Safety, Inc., Temple
- Angleton-Danbury Medical Center, Angleton
- Anson General Hospital, Anson
- Bayou City Medical Center, Houston
- Bayshore Medical Center, Pasadena
- Bayview Psychiatric Hospital, Corpus Christi
- Bellaire Medical Center, Houston
- Big Bend Regional Medical Center, Alpine
- Bowie Memorial Hospital, Bowie
- Brown Schools Rehabilitation Centers
- Brownsville Medical Center, Brownsville
- Cedars Hospital, DeSoto
- Central Texas Medical Center, San Marcos
- Childress Regional Medical Center, Childress
- Chillicothe Hospital, Chillicothe
- CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances Health System, Tyler
- Citizens Medical Center, Victoria
- Cleveland Regional Medical Center, Cleveland
- Coastal Bend Hospital, Aransas Pass
- Cochran Memorial Hospital, Morton
- Coleman County Medical Center, Coleman
- Colorado Fayette Medical Center, Weimar
- Columbus Community Hospital, Columbus
- Comanche Community Hospital, Comanche
- Covenant Hospital, Plainview
- Cozby-Germany Hospital, Grand Saline
- Crane Memorial Hospital, Crane
- Cuero Community Hospital, Cuero
- Culberson Hospital District, Van Horn
- Cypress Creek EMS, Houston
- Cypress Creek Hospital, Houston
- Cypress Fairbanks Medical Center, Houston
- Cypress Point Hospital, Houston
- Dimmit County Memorial Hospital, Carrizo Springs
- Doctor's Hospital of Laredo
- Dolly Vinsant Memorial Hospital, San Benito
- East Houston Regional Medical Center, Houston
- East Texas Medical Center, Athens
- East Texas Medical Center, Crockett
- East Texas Medical Center, Jacksonville
- East Texas Medical Center, Mt. Vernon
- East Texas Medical Center, Pittsburg
- East Texas Medical Center, Specialty Hospital
- East Texas Medical Center, Trinity
- East Texas Medical Center, Wood County
- Eastland Memorial Hospital, Eastland
- El Campo Memorial Hospital, El Campo
- Fisher County Hospital, Rotan
- Fort Duncan Medical Center, Eagle Pass
- Frio Regional Hospital, Pearsall
- Green Oaks Hospital, Dallas
- Guadalupe Valley Hospital, Seguin
- Gulf Coast Medical Center, Wharton
- Heart of Texas Memorial, Brady
- Hi-Plains Hospital, Hale City
- Hill Country Memorial Hospital, Fredericksburg
- Hill Regional Hospital, Hillsboro
- Hillcrest Medical Center at West Hillcrest Waco
- Hopkins County Memorial Hospital, Sulphur Springs
- Hudspeth Memorial Hospital, Sonora
- Huguley Memorial Medical Center, Ft. Worth
- Hunt Memorial Hospital District, Greenville
- Huntsville Memorial Hospital, Huntsville
- Jackson Healthcare County Hospital, Edna
- Kimble Hospital, Junction
- King's Daughter Hospital, Temple
- Kingwood Medical Center, Kingwood
- Kruse Memorial Lutheran Village, Brenham
- Laird Memorial Hospital, Kilgore
- Lake Grandbury Medical Center, Granbury
- Lake Whitney Medical Center, Whitney
- Lakes Regional Medical Center, Jasper
- Laurel Ridge Treatment Center, San Antonio
- Leeland Medical Plaza, Garland
- Limestone Medical Center, Groesbeck
- Mary Shiels Hospital, Dallas
- McKenna Health System, New Braunfels
- Meadow Pines Hospital, Longview
- Medical Center of Winnie
- Medical Center, Terrell
- Medical City of Lewisville
- Medical City of Plano
- Medical Plaza Medical Center, Ft Worth
- Medina Community Hospital, Hondo
- Memorial Hermann Fort Bend Hospital
- Memorial Hermann Katy Hospital
- Memorial Hospital of Livingston, Livingston
- Memorial Hospital, Kermit
- Memorial Hospital, Seminole
- Memorial Medical Center, San Augustine
- Mercy Regional Medical Center, Laredo
- Mesquite Community Hospital, Mesquite
- Nacogdoches Medical Center, Nacogdoches
- Navarro Regional Hospital, Corsicana
- North Houston Medical Center, Houston
- North Runnels Hospital, Winters
- North Texas Medical Center, Gainesville
- Northeast Community Hospital, Bedford
- Northwest Texas Healthcare System, Amarillo
- OakBend Medical Center, Richmond
- Otto-Kaiser Memorial, Kenedy
- Palo Pinto General Hospital, Mineral Wells
- Park Place Medical Center, Port Arthur
- Parkview Hospital, Wheeler
- Parkview Regional Hospital, Mexia
- Pecos County Memorial Hospital, Ft. Stockton
- Plaza Specialty Hospital, Dallas
- Red River Hospital, Wichita Falls
- Refugio County Memorial Hospital, Refugio
- Rice Medical Center, Eagle Lake
- Richards Memorial Hospital, Rockdale
- Richardson Regional Medical Center, Richardson
- River Oaks Convalescent Center, Columbus
- Rolling Plains Memorial Hospital, Sweetwater
- Rollins Brook Community Hospital, Lampasas
- Schleicher County Medical Center, Eldorado
- Seton Highland Lakes, Burnet
- Smithville Regional Hospital, Smithville
- Southwest General Hospital, San Antonio
- Spohn Bee County Hospital, Beeville
- Spring Branch Medical Center, Houston
- St. Joseph Regional Health Center, Bryan
- Stamford Memorial Hospital, Stamford
- Starr County Memorial Hospital, Rio Grande City
- Sweeny Community Hospital, Sweeny
- Tallyho Plastics, Inc., Jacksonville
- Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Cleburne, Cleburne
- Texas Hospital Association
- Texas National Guard
- Texas National Guard, Civilian
- Texas Nurses Association
- Texas Osteopathic Medical Association
- Texoma Healthcare System, Denison
- Trinity Lutheran Home
- Twelve Oaks Hospital, Houston
- Tyler County Hospital, Woodville
- Valley Regional Medical Center, Brownsville
- Warm Springs Rehabilitation Hospital, San Antonio
- Westbury Hospital, Houston
- Wise Regional Health System
- Yoakum Community Hospital, Denver City
Is it difficult to become a member?
No! There are several ways you can be eligible for membership.
You are eligible to become a member of United Heritage Credit Union if you live, work, attend school or own a business in one of the following counties: Bastrop, Bell, Blanco, Burnet, Caldwell, Hays, Lee, Milam, Travis, Williamson, Cherokee, Gregg, Henderson, Rusk, Smith, Upshur, Van Zandt or Wood. This includes the entire Austin and Tyler metro areas. We also have branches in surrounding Austin communities such as Cedar Park, Lakeway, Round Rock, Kyle, Georgetown, River Place and Westlake. Take a look at our full list of branch locations to find the location closest to where you live or work.
You're also eligible for membership if someone in your family is already a member of UHCU.
In addition, you're eligible if you are member or agree to join the Texas Consumer Council (TXCC).
When you’re ready to become a member, the application process is simple. You can apply online in minutes or visit any UHCU branch location. If you apply online, a United Heritage representative will contact you once your membership application is received to complete the account opening.
Once I become a member, what can I expect?
As a member of United Heritage Credit Union, there are numerous financial opportunities and benefits. You’ll enjoy convenient access to your account(s), competitive loan rates, personalized service at our branches and more. The UHCU website is a great resource for in-depth information regarding your financial well-being. Our Advice & Tools contains topics such as Life Event Planning, Financial Tips and Fraud Protection. We also regularly post informational articles on United Heritage news, alerts relevant to our members and more.
What is the difference between banks and credit unions?
The main difference between banks and credit unions both in Austin, in the state of Texas and across the country is that banks are for profit and credit unions are not-for-profit financial institutions. Banks are owned by shareholders, while credit unions are owned by members (all individuals who have established an account with the credit union). Because credit unions are not-for-profit cooperatives, they are able to offer lower loan rates, higher savings yields and more personal service than many other financial institutions.
Why should I choose United Heritage Credit Union?
At United Heritage, we approach banking differently. We believe in handshakes, going the extra mile and treating our members like people, not account numbers. We work tirelessly to help you manage your money and build the financial future you desire. The credit union philosophy of “People Helping People” is central to United Heritage – we’re dedicated to providing quality, personalized service to our members and bettering the communities around us. If you’re new to the area or are simply looking for a better place to bank, United Heritage is the right choice for you.
What is a credit union?
A credit union is a member-owned not-for-profit financial institution that exists to serve its members rather than maximize corporate profits. Like banks, credit unions accept deposits and provide lending services. As member-owned institutions, credit unions focus on providing a safe place to save and borrow at reasonable rates. Federally insured credit unions, like United Heritage, are regulated by the National Credit Union Administration and backed by the full faith and credit of the United States Government.
Once you’re eligible for membership, becoming a member is quick and simple. All you need is a minimum savings deposit of $1 to open and maintain an account and experience how we make banking personal. With that, you’re ready to begin your application. Start reaping the benefits of a United Heritage membership. A valid photo ID and proof of your taxpayer ID number are required.
United Heritage maintains the highest compliance standards for new accounts by adhering to all applicable terms of the USA Patriot Act, Bank Secrecy Act and OFAC controls.
New and existing members are required to present at least one PRIMARY form of current identification for new accounts and new services:
- Texas State Driver's License
- Texas State ID
- Active Duty Military ID
- US Government ID
- Texas National Guard (TNG) Reserve ID
- Retired Military ID
New members are also required to present a Social Security card or printed verification of the Social Security number (SSN). One of the following current forms of identification may substitute for the SSN:
- Tax Identification Number (TIN) Card
- Alien Registration
Financial advice for everyone such as how to build credit, investing tips, how to avoid fraud, life event planning and more.View Financial Advice
Online and Mobile Banking lets members easily view their accounts, deposit checks, schedule bill payments and much more.View Online Services
We offer a wide range of products and services to enable you to control your business’s financial future.Become a Business Member