UHCU Insurance ServicesAt UHCU Insurance Services, a United Heritage Credit Union partner, it is our sole purpose to make you feel like a member of our family. In doing so, it is our mission to protect your loved ones by offering you the best insurance coverage options at the most affordable price with service beyond your expectations.
Auto Insurance Information
What should I ask my Agent?
- How much can you afford to pay if you get in an accident? To keep premiums low you may want to discuss a higher deductible and be willing to pay more for repairs.
- What is the insurance company's level of service and ability to pay claims?
- What discounts are available? Ask about good driver, multiple policy and student discounts.
- What's the procedure for filing and settling a claim? Ask who to call and what happens after you file a claim.
What is auto insurance?
Auto insurance protects you against financial loss if you have an accident. It is a contract between you and the insurance company. You agree to pay the premium and the insurance company agrees to pay your losses as defined in your policy.
Auto insurance provides property, liability and medical coverage:
- Property coverage pays for damage to or theft of your car.
- Liability coverage pays for your legal responsibility to others for bodily injury or property damage.
- Medical coverage pays for the cost of treating injuries, rehabilitation and sometimes lost wages and funeral expenses.
An auto insurance policy is comprised of six different kinds of coverage. Most states require you to buy some but not all of these coverages. If you're financing a car, your lender may also have requirements.
Most auto policies are for six months or a year. Your insurance company should notify you by mail when it's time to renew the policy and to pay your premium.
Why do you need auto insurance?
It's about protecting yourself financially.
- If you're in an accident or your car is stolen, it costs money -- often a lot of money -- to fix or replace it.
- If you or any passengers are injured in an accident, medical costs can be extremely expensive.
- If you or your car is responsible for damage or injury to others, you may be sued for much more than you're worth.
- Not only is having insurance a prudent financial decision, many states require you to have at least some coverage.
We're here to help.
Monday-Friday: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
UHCU Insurance Services, LLC is a Credit Union Service Organization. Business conducted with UHCU Insurance Services, LLC is separate and distinct from any business conducted with United Heritage Credit Union, its parent Credit Union. Insurance products offered by UHCU Insurance Services, LLC are not (i) deposits of United Heritage Credit Union, its parent Credit Union or its partner Alloy Insurance Partners, therefore are not protected by the NCUA and are not exclusive to Credit Union members and (ii) an obligation of or guaranteed by UHCU Insurance Services, LLC, its parent Credit Union or its partner and may be subject to risk. UHCU Insurance Services offers coverage for Texas residents only. Any insurance required as a condition of an extension of credit by United Heritage Credit Union need not be purchased from UHCU Insurance Services, LLC and may be purchased from an agent or insurance company of the member’s choice.