Texas Members Insurance AgencyAt Texas Members Insurance Agency, a United Heritage Credit Union partner, it is our sole purpose to make you feel like a member of our family. In doing so, it is our mission to protect your loved ones by offering you the best insurance coverage options at the most affordable price with service beyond your expectations.
Auto Insurance Information
What should I ask my Agent?
- How much can you afford to pay if you get in an accident? To keep premiums low you may want to discuss a higher deductible and be willing to pay more for repairs.
- What is the insurance company's level of service and ability to pay claims?
- What discounts are available? Ask about good driver, multiple policy and student discounts.
- What's the procedure for filing and settling a claim? Ask who to call and what happens after you file a claim.
What is auto insurance?
Auto insurance protects you against financial loss if you have an accident. It is a contract between you and the insurance company. You agree to pay the premium and the insurance company agrees to pay your losses as defined in your policy.
Auto insurance provides property, liability and medical coverage:
- Property coverage pays for damage to or theft of your car.
- Liability coverage pays for your legal responsibility to others for bodily injury or property damage.
- Medical coverage pays for the cost of treating injuries, rehabilitation and sometimes lost wages and funeral expenses.
An auto insurance policy is comprised of six different kinds of coverage. Most states require you to buy some but not all of these coverages. If you're financing a car, your lender may also have requirements.
Most auto policies are for six months or a year. Your insurance company should notify you by mail when it's time to renew the policy and to pay your premium.
Why do you need auto insurance?
It's about protecting yourself financially.
- If you're in an accident or your car is stolen, it costs money -- often a lot of money -- to fix or replace it.
- If you or any passengers are injured in an accident, medical costs can be extremely expensive.
- If you or your car is responsible for damage or injury to others, you may be sued for much more than you're worth.
- Not only is having insurance a prudent financial decision, many states require you to have at least some coverage.
We're here to help.
To speak to UHCU Insurance Services, LLC, give us a call at 512.435.4098
Monday-Friday: 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Saturday: 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM